What are the costs of owning a holiday home?
The first priority for our friendly and experienced team here at Silver Sands is to ensure that your new holiday home lifestyle gets off to a great start!
Buying a static caravan is a big decision and when you are looking at caravan holiday homes for sale in Scotland there are a variety of costs to consider, from the initial purchase to the on going annual costs.
We will be happy to take our time to run through all these costs in detail so you will be comfortable in the decision you make. Simply call 01343 612621 to arrange a VIP visit.
To get started, you can use the information below to understand the cost of owning a holiday home at Silver Sands
Here’s a representative example of a holiday home package
- Holiday home cash price: £19,995.00
- Deposit: £3,999.00
- Total amount of credit: £15,996.00
- Purchase fee: £10
- Total charge for credit: £6,251.05
- Total amount payable: £26,246.05
- Duration of agreement: 84 months (7 years)
- Monthly repayment amount: £264.73 (Representative APR: 9.9%)
Total charge for credit £6,251.05 (includes interest charge of £6,241.05 and £10 purchase fee.) Finance is available subject to creditworthiness and affordability assessments. Silver Sands is a trading name of Silver Sands Leisure Park Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN: 674567. We are a credit broker NOT a lender, we work with Blackhorse. This is just a representative example; the amount of deposit and fixed rate will depend on the age of the holiday home chosen and your circumstances. The maximum term of the finance will be between 12 and 84 months depending on the holiday home. Please ask for more details.
Regular costs to consider
There are a small number of quarterly and annual costs to consider within your budget.
- Pitch fees (vary according to pitch location, please ask for details) which include water charges
- Local authority rates
- Caravan insurance (we can recommend a provider to you)
- Gas and electricity will be billed quarterly (only applicable to piped gas. Gas bottles need to be paid for at time of purchase)
- Rates (water and sewerage) – based on the value of each holiday home and the charges levied by the water authority local to the park (just like your real home)
- Winter drain down (to protect your caravan over the cold winter months)
Earn income by subletting
You can sublet your holiday home when you’re not using it and earn income to help cover your site fees and running costs (subject to age, style and condition of holiday home). We can manage the subletting for you and make it hassle free.