What are the costs of owning a holiday home?
Buying a static caravan is a big decision and there are annual costs to consider. Our experienced team can run through all these costs in details, and you can use the information below to understand the cost of owning a holiday home at Silver Sands
Here’s a representative example of a holiday home package
- Holiday home cash price: £19,995.00
- Deposit: £3,999.00
- Total amount of credit: £15,996.00
- Purchase fee: £10
- Total charge for credit: £6,251.05
- Total amount payable: £26,246.05
- Duration of agreement: 84 months (7 years)
- Monthly repayment amount: £264.73 (Representative APR: 9.9%)
Regular costs to consider
There are a small number of quarterly and annual costs to consider within your budget.
- Pitch fees (vary according to pitch location, please ask for details) which include water charges
- Local authority rates
- Caravan insurance (we can recommend a provider to you)
- Gas and electricity will be billed quarterly (only applicable to piped gas. Gas bottles need to be paid for at time of purchase)
- Rates (water and sewerage) – based on the value of each holiday home and the charges levied by the water authority local to the park (just like your real home)
- Winter drain down (to protect your caravan over the cold winter months)
Earn income by subletting
You can sublet your holiday home when you’re not using it and earn income to help cover your site fees and running costs (subject to age, style and condition of holiday home). We can manage the subletting for you and make it hassle free.