Keeping you Safe on Park
We know how much everyone looks forward to a holiday and we know how important it is to you to have quality time away with your friends and family. After all, it’s all those amazing memories we cherish for years to come.
With that in mind, we’ve worked really hard to ensure that your break feels as fun as it normally would, but want to reassure you that we have put safety measures in place to keep you safe and sound during your stay.
We’re an approved ‘We’re Good to Go’ business as we can demonstrate that we are adhering to the respective Government and public health guidance, have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and have the required processes in place.
What we’ve put in place to ensure you have a safe holiday
Social distancing around the park
- There are one-way systems clearly marked around the park and internal areas
- Hand sanitiser stations at the entrance and exit to our venues, facilities and offices
- Public toilets are open, however, please adhere to 2 metre social distancing & remember to always was your hands thoroughly
- We encourage cashless/contactless transactions. Our card readers accept contactless payments up to £45.
- Prior to your arrival, you will receive an email from us letting you know what to expect on check-in and all the handy park information, including a park map
- We’ll also give you a courtesy call just to see what time you are due to arrive and to give you directions to your accommodation or touring pitch
- We will be providing a drive through check-in, with a traffic marshal to assist you finding your accommodation or touring pitch
- We’ll leave your keys in your accommodation
- We’re going paperless, so please remember to download the park app before you arrive. You’ll also need it to pre-book activities on the park
Your holiday accommodation
- Your accommodation will be sealed with a door sticker when you arrive
- Our housekeeping team wear gloves, masks and aprons when cleaning your accommodation
- You’ll have your very own eco-friendly sanitiser to use during your stay
- All sheets, duvet covers & pillows cases are washed at high temperatures
- All surfaces will be cleaned with warm soapy water using a disposable cloth & disinfectant
- For our touring customers, the electric points and shared facilities are regularly disinfected
Be kind to others
- Wear a face mask in all internal areas on the park
- Wash your hands regularly with hot water and soap
- Remember to keep a happy 2m apart from people not in our group
Please be patient as some things may take a little longer due to the restrictions we are operating under
- Be kind to the team on park, we’re here to help you have a safe stay
Your holiday park experience
Following the respective roadmap announcements from the First Minister for Scotland, we are excited to announce that our park will be opening on Monday 26th April 2021.
We will continue to update the website and Facebook as and when the situation changes.
What will be open on the park when we re-open?
From 26th April (earliest):
- Swimming pool (sessions must be pre-booked)
- Bar & Restaurant will open until 8pm (without alcohol). Mixing in indoor places subject to a maximum of 4 people from up to 2 households. Outdoor seating open until 10pm (alcohol permitted)
Please be advised that non-essential travel is currently prohibited between Scotland and the rest of the UK as a measure to reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
Restaurant, Bar and Complex
- Everyone must register themselves on the NHS track & trace before entering the venue or using the facilities on park. There are QR codes located at the internal venue doors which you can scan using your phone
Food and drink can be served as takeaway or to enjoy outside. Seating areas are first come first served. Takeaway can be ordered from the food to go app
- All tables will be spaced for social distancing and menus will be single-use
- Tables will be cleaned and disinfected thoroughly between customers. Clear signage to indicate tables that have been sanitised and are ready for use
- Don’t forget to wear your face mask when you’re not sat at the table
Daytime & Evening Entertainment
- A full schedule for the daytime activities and entertainment can be found on the park App
Daytime activities for kids can be found on the entertainment programme and booked via the app. These events will be held outside or via Facebook live
- Our team will be wearing PPE where necessary and some activities may require you to bring your own face covering
- You will need to book your space for any of our daytime sessions via the park App and will need to reserve your space by 5pm the day before the session takes place
- There will be no live evening entertainment, as per Government guidance
Swimming Pool Complex
- You will need to book your swimming session in advance via the park app
- Only 1 session/slot is permitted per day and will be subject to availability at time of booking. When making your booking please ensure you select the number of swimmers and include their names & ages. All swimmers under the age of 8 or non-swimmers must be accompanied by an adult on a 121 basis.
- We politely request you arrive at the pool showered and in your swimming costumes as the changing facilities will not be available. Please bring extra towels or warm baggy clothes for the walk back to your accommodation
- No pool spectators are allowed at this time