Disability Access at Silver Sands Holiday Park
The purpose of the following statement is to describe the accessibility of Silver Sands Holiday Park to help people with restricted access decide if we can cater for their needs. If there is anything not covered in this statement, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our team on 01343 813262, we are more than happy to help.
Here’s a quick guide to accessibility at Silver Sands Holiday Park
- The Park is relatively flat, and suitable for wheelchair users although access to the “D” section is up a slight incline.
- There is wheelchair friendly access to our buildings and communal areas, reception has ramped access and our clubhouse is on flat ground with wide doors.
- Reception is well lit with good access; our friendly team are there to help. We also have large pens and paper available along with a magnifying glass for communication purposes.
- We welcome guide dogs and have several pet’s friendly accommodation types available.
- Whilst enquires and bookings can be conducted via our website and/or email please feel free to call us directly at site to discuss specific requirements.
- We have good links with our local community supplies so we can source any “aids” requirements and have them delivered to your holiday accommodation
- Out of hours emergency assistance is available from Reception (8:30am – 2:00am)
- We have excellent taxi links specifically adapted taxis on call if required.
- We have specific accessible accommodation, which has ramp access, low level kitchen units, wet room, and hoist in the bedroom.
Here is a more detailed look at all areas across the park:
- We confirm all holiday bookings by mail, and we can be contacted by telephone, email and post. We accept calls through Text Direct and Type Talk services
- Our website complies with Web Accessibility initiative and all pages are built to AA (Double A) standard, complying with all priority 1 and 2 guidelines
- We can put you in touch with local suppliers for wheelchair and aid hire along with any oxygen requirements. We will take delivery and ensure it is delivered to accommodation on arrival.
- All our buildings are single storey with no lifts and very few steps.
- Train – our nearest station is Elgin (7 miles)
- Plane – our nearest airport is Inverness Airport (33 miles)
- Taxi – a list of operators is available in reception
- There is ramped access into our reception area with wide doors. The area is well lit and plenty of room for wheelchair access
- We have magnifying glasses, large pens and paper available.
- Our friendly reception team are happy to provide/research details of local attractions that would suit your needs.
- Large font copies of timetables, menus are available
- There is one main access to the shop on one level
- The door has a wide access route
- Shelves are stacked from floor level to head height with aisles wide enough for wheelchair access.
- Parking is available close to the shop
- Local supermarkets can also deliver directly to your holiday accommodation.
- This area is accessible
- We have a bespoke area that is dog friendly and guide dogs are welcome
- Large font menus are available on request
- A full allergen listing is available
- Toilet access is on one level with access for wheelchair users
- Entertainment is available nightly
- Bingo can be played pictorial alongside our vocal game, tv monitors show the numbers being called.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and assistance dogs are accepted in all areas
- The main roads throughout the site and public areas are surfaced with tarmac
- Key areas of the park are illuminated at night.
- There is a restricted speed limit in place on the site
- Out of hours emergency assistance is available 24 hrs a day
- Our heated indoor swimming pool is available through the season, access for wheelchair users is limited however we are happy to assist with access. The swimming pool has a pool attendant unfortunately no hoist is available.
- Lossiemouth is the local village and has some seaside shops. Elgin is the nearest town is generally located on the flat and has good access to shops, restaurants and public houses, this town is approximately 10 min drive or taxi fare away from the Park.
- The nearest accessible beach is West Beach on the outskirts of Lossiemouth approx. two miles from the Park.
We do have accessible accommodation, please call the Park who will be able to check the accommodation meets your requirements. We also have other types of accommodation available our friendly reception team are more than happy to discuss the suitability of the accommodation and any special requirements you may have, we would suggest you call them on 01343 813262 and have a direct conversation.